After the successful 1st NEANIAS Open Call, NEANIAS Consortium launches its 2nd Open Call, aimed to research teams, SME’s, and start-ups. The applicants can submit a proposal to receive professional expert support, validate innovative ideas and boost the development with NEANIAS Services and Experts for free.
Call for proposals opens for companies and teams of individual researchers to utilise the services developed within the NEANIAS project.
- Call opening date: 11 October 2021, at 9:00 Brussels local time.
- Deadline of submission: 8 December 2021, at 17:00 Brussels local time.
- Expected duration of participation: 3-6 Months, with expected start on the 1st of February 2022.
Purpose of the call
The purpose of this Open Call is to spark and support the development of a wide variety of innovation projects, by providing novel services created in the frame of the NEANIAS project, fostering interdisciplinary collaborations and contributing to advance research and innovation in Europe. The overarching goal is to build up and strengthen the European innovation community by identifying and supporting innovative projects with novel services developed in the Underwater, Atmospheric and Space research fields.
Innovation in this scope may refer to (a) new operation models for existing services, that can exploit NEANIAS resources (b) improving existing services utilizing NEANIAS offerings to increase their overall offering (c) brand new services inspired by NEANIAS offerings (d) new services in need offerings such as NEANIAS and EOSC ones, and many more. Award winners will have to show strong reuse of NEANIAS offerings and valid sustainability potential.
NEANIAS drives the co-design and delivery of innovative thematic services, derived from state-of-the-art research assets and practices in three major sectors: Underwater, Atmospheric and Space research, each engaging multitudinous academic and business groups, numerous researchers, professionals and governmental entities.
NEANIAS Project partners have been developing 10+ novel services in hopes of overcoming emerging challenges; like bringing together actors from several disciplines (astrophysics, planetary, ocean, climate, archaeology, geology, computer science and more) to ultimately create opportunities for interdisciplinary research.
The list of NEANIAS Services is available at https://catalogue.neanias.eu.
What kind of projects are we looking for?
We are looking for innovative projects, which meet the following criteria:
- Novelty: By using one or more services of the NEANIAS project a significant impact can be made and achieved on your project in terms of novelty.
- Exclusivity: The project can utilise NEANIAS services, which provide an answer to research needs, which would otherwise not be available by using internal competencies.
- Technical excellence and industrial relevance: The proposed project provides technical excellence, as by developing a new product and/or service, a novel, innovative technology/service can be developed. The developed product has a novelty and relevance in terms of added value in the given industry.
- Feasibility, Sustainability, and Viability: The proposed solution is using NEANIAS services for a limited period, and by utilising these services the added value of NEANIAS is straightforward, and quantifiable metrics are defined.
All the details, here: https://www.neanias.eu/index.php/open-call