The Horizon Europe project FAIRCORE4EOSC is going to work with domain-specific case studies and the wider Open Science community to develop and realise nine new components for the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
Leveraging existing technologies and services, these new EOSC-Core components will improve the discoverability and interoperability of an increased amount of research outputs, contributing to the long-term vision of a Web of FAIR Data.
In this first official webinar, we are going to explore the overall objectives of the project, its technical framework, and host a panel with experts from different actors of the Open Science landscape, to discuss the potential impact and the key challenges ahead.
Agenda (all times CEST)
- 11:00 - Welcome and FAIRCORE4EOSC introduction - Tommi Suominen, CSC, Project Coordinator
- 11:10 - The FAIRCORE4EOSC technical framework and context - Mark van de Sanden, Surf, Technical Steering Group
- 11:25 - Interactive poll with the audience
- 11:30 - Panel discussion: Co-creating an enhanced EOSC-Core in the expanding Open Science ecosystem - Moderator Marieke Willems, Trust-IT Services
- Sophie Aubin, INRAE, FAIR-IMPACT
- Maria Eskevich, CLARIN, FAIRCORE4EOSC Case studies
- Alvaro Lopez Garcia, CSIC, EOSC Technical Interoperability of Data and Services Task Force
- Roksana Wilk, CYFRONET, EOSC-Future
- 11:55 - Wrap-up and closure, Tommi Suominen, CSC, Project Coordinator