The EOSC Portal is part of the European Open Science Cloud implementation roadmap as one of the expected “federating core” services contributing to the implementation of the “Access and interface” action line. It provides a European delivery channel connecting the demand and supply sides of EOSC and its different stakeholders.
One of the most requested features in the requirements gathering process carried out by the Horizon 2020 project EOSC Enhance was the possibility to integrate entire existing catalogues with the EOSC Portal, be they national, regional or thematic.
Over the spring and summer of 2021, the EOSC Enhance team coordinated with NI4OS-Europe, the EOSC regional project covering Southeastern Europe, to work on a pilot to test this long-awaited functionality. This effort was also discussed at the joint workshop organised by EOSC-Pillar in July, in collaboration with the other regional projects.
In this webinar we will learn more about this process and its first tangible results, hear directly from catalogue owners who have successfully onboarded their resources into the Portal, and take a look into the following steps.
If you are a service provider for research in the EOSC Portal, or wish to onboard your resources, join us and take part in the discussion, see how your catalogue can be integrated with the Portal in the future and contribute to the implementation phase of EOSC.
Who should participate
- EOSC-related projects
- EOSC Portal providers
- Catalogue owners
- Research-performing organisations
- Open Science enthusiasts
- Members of the wider EOSC community
Agenda (all times CEST)
- 10:00 - Federico Drago, Trust-IT Services (EOSC Enhance) - Introduction
- 10:05 - Athanasia Spiliotopoulou, JNP (EOSC Enhance) - Processes and first steps
- 10:15 - George Papastefanatos, University of Athens (EOSC Enhance) - Integration of Catalogues, the technical steps and main issues
- 10:25 - Dusan Vudragovic, Institute of Physics Belgrade (NI4OS-Europe) - The project and catalogue, a first-hand experience
- 10:40 - Q&A and feedback gathering